Welcome to our travel blog!
JUST Globetrotting is run by Jacob & Emily Cass and we share our tips, stories and photos from our globetrotting adventures, allowing you to travel better, cheaper & longer with insider advice on where to go, what to do and where to eat – all across the world.
Our favourite things to do include eating (why else would you travel?!), adventure activities, engaging with locals and of course, relaxing on the beach. Hiking is something we’ve grown to love, as well as mastering public transportation and sleeping almost anywhere.
We wouldn’t trade our life on the road for anything… we’re houseless and happy!
If You’re New Here:
- See our #1 experience from 54+ countries
- View our full itinerary
- Discover how to pack for a world trip
- Learn from our travel mistakes
- How we make money while travelling on the road + freebies for you!
Connect With Us
- Instagram: @just.globetrotting and @justcreative
- Subscribe to our updates (or use the sidebar)
Houseless & Happy
We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have complete freedom. We are free to go anywhere, at any time and of course have no bosses! Jacob works on the road as a freelance graphic designer and blogger, and Emily keeps him organised whilst writing and maintaining this travel blog.
We’ve both travelled extensively in the past and have lived in five different countries between us (Sweden, USA, India, Holland and Australia) throughout our lives.
We Love Travel
We left our full-time jobs in NYC, April 2015 to go travelling RTW indefinitely, and since then we’ve visited 70+ countries and written guides for nearly every one of these places. Before 2015, we were avid travellers and had visited a good 20 or so other countries, but unfortunately, we don’t have guides for these places.
A few places we’ve travelled to: USA (36 States), Belgium, Canada (British Columbia, Whistler, Blackcomb, Big White), Denmark (Copenhagen), United Kingdom (London),Fiji (Nadi, Suva), Finland (Suomi), France (Paris, Bordeaux, Nice), New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway (Oslo), Philippines, Solomon Islands, Sweden (Goteborg, Stockholm), Vanuatu, Spain (Pamplona, Barcelona), Monaco, Italy (Rome, Capri, Venice, Florence, Sorrento), Austria (Vienna), Vatican City, Greece (Corfu), Austria, Germany (Munich, Heidelberg), Liechtenstein, Switzerland (Jungfrau Mountain / Lauterbrunnen), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Norfolk Island, Hong Kong, Thailand (Phuket, Bangkok, Samui),Vietnam, Cambodia (Siem Riep & Phnom Penh), Japan, Iceland, Costa Rica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, St. Martin, The Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Australia of course. View Europe highlights.
Our Current Location & Trip Thus Far
USA & EUROPE (Mar-Sep 2015)
In March 2015, we left our full time jobs in NYC to travel the world. And we haven’t stopped.
- Morrocco – Marrakech, The Sahara, Tangier, Fes, Chefchaouen (1-6)
- Spain – Granada (6-11), Seville (11-13)
- Portugal – Lagos (13-18), Lisbon (18-21)
- Spain – San Sebastian (22-26), Barcelona (26-31)
- Spain – Barcelona (1-3), Ibiza (3-8)
- France – Nice, Eze, Antibes, St Paul de Vence, Cannes (8-22)
- Monaco (14)
- Turkey – Istanbul (22-26) Cappadocia (27-28), Fethiye (28-30)
- Turkey – Cruise to Butterfly Valley, Kaz, Olympos (1-4), Gallipoli (5),Istanbul (5-6)
- Greece – Mykonos (7-13), Santorini (13-17), Ios (18-25), Paros (25-30), Athens (30-31)
- Greece – Athens (1-3)
- Albania – Tirana (3-4)
- Montenegro – Kotor (4-5)
- Croatia – Dubrovnik (6-7) via SailBoat to Split (15-18)
- Italy – Rome, Salerno (Amalfi Coast), Sicily, Naples, Cinque Terre (19-31)
- Italy – Florence, Cinque Terre (1-10), Venice (11-13)
- Austria – Vienna (13)
- Hungary – Budapest (13-19)
- Czech Republic – Prague, Cesky Krumlov (18-24)
- Germany – Berlin (24-29), Munich / Oktoberfest (29-31)
View our European Highlights here.
CENTRAL AMERICA (Oct-Dec 2015)
For Central America we did a 36 Day Tour with Tucan Travel.
SOUTH AMERICA (Dec 2015-Mar 2016)
All South America dates below are confirmed, and flights booked.
- Costa Rica (1-2)
- Panama (2-8)
- Colombia (8-20) Graffiti in Bogota, North of Colombia, Tayrona
- Peru (21-31) – Food of Peru, Hiking Inca Trail, Colca Canyon, Huacachina, Floating Islands
- Peru (1-3)
- Bolivia (3-17) Death Road, Isla del Sol, Salt Flats
- Chile (17-27) Santiago, Valparaiso, See Food & Drink in Chile
- Brazil – Rio de Janeiro (27-31), Guide to Carnival
- Brazil – Salvador, Sao Paulo, Florianpolis, Morro de Sao Paulo
- Argentina (7-29) Buenos Aires, Patagonia, Mendoza, Iguazu Falls
MIDDLE EAST (Apr 2016)
- UAE – Dubai & Abu Dhabi (1-9)
AFRICA (Apr-Jun 2016)
- South Africa – Cape Town (10-20), Garden Route
- South Africa – Cape Town, Phinda Private Game Reserve, Durban
EUROPE (Jun-Sep 2016)
- Spain – Barcelona (June 14-July 20)
- Belgium – for Tomorrowland (July 20-26)
- Copenhagen, Denmark (July 26-31)
- Stockholm, Sweden (July 31- August 3)
- Estonia (August 3-9)
- Latvia (August 9-12)
- Poland – Krakow, Warsaw (August 13-17)
- Croatia (August 17-28 on a sail)
- Greece – Crete (August 28-September 12)
ASIA (Sep-Nov 2016)
- Nepal (September 12-October 2) Poon Hill Trek, 3 Days in Kathmandu, Pokhara, Kathmandu Guide
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (September 30 to October 4)
- Myanmar (October 4 to October 20) Yangon, Yangon Train, Bagan
- Thailand (20-23 Oct) – Chiang Mai Elephant Sanctuary
- Laos (Oct 23 – Nov 6) – Jungle TreeHouses, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng
- Thailand (Nov 7 – Dec 3) – Koh Lanta, Why You’ll Love Thailand,
INDIA, AUSTRALIA (Nov 2016 – Mar 2017)
- India – Delhi (Dec 3-6 ) Goa (13-18) Mumbai (Dec 18-21) Taj Mahal
- Australia (Dec 21-March 16) – Life back in Sydney
ASIA (Mar-July 2017)
- Sri Lanka (March 19- April 14) – Negombo, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Ella, Tangalle & Mirissa
- Malaysia (April 14 – 29), Penang, Langkawi & Perhentian Islands
- Singapore (April 29 – May 3)
- Philippines (May 3- June 1) Manila, Palawan, Coron, Cebu
- Bangkok, Thailand (June 1 – 7)
- Vietnam (June 7 – July 6)
AFRICA (July-Aug 2017)
USA (Aug-Oct 2017)
AUSTRALIA (Oct 2017-Apr 2018)
- Brisbane (Byron Bay, Whitsundays)
- Adelaide + Great Ocean Road Road Trip
EUROPE (May-June 2018)
Have a Question or Suggestion?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions! We’re also very open to tips & suggestions on where to go and what to do, in any location so please do get in contact!